Wednesday, July 8, 2009

GRANVILLE ISLAND AND UBC

On the second weekend, my friends and I were decided to go to GRANVILL ISLAND and UBC because we had got lots of recommendation from other people.


PROCESS

First, we took off the sky train at 'Science World' station to take a ferry. We paid 6 dollars for that. When we arrived at Granville island, we were surprised at seeing the PUBLIC MARKET. It was very big. Also, there were lots of things that entertained my eyes. After looking around, we got a map of island. We took a bus that goes to UBC.

Actually, it was the first time to take a bus in Vancouver. Unlike Korea, I had to show my monthly bus card (In Korea, I have to attach my bus card on the machine. It will calculate my bus fare). The bus was very nice. It had broad space and I could see some good facts that show the respectation to the unabled, the old and babies.
After some minutes, we arrived at UBC. It was very large so we had to find 'Student Union Building' to get a map. When we got there, I met a Korean who worked in that building. So, we could obtain the map easily.

Using the map, we looked around the university. Actually, we only asked the way to go WRECK BEACH (nude beach as you know). That picture you can see was taken while we were finding that beach. That picture was taken when I was walking down to the beach.

I don't know how long we walked but the thing is we had hard time finding that beach. However, this hardship was one part of all adversities. Before we arrived at the beach, we had thought there had been sand but it was not true. The beach was consisit of peddles so it was very difficult to walk. (Four girls all did not wear running shoes.)


FEELINGS

Although it was hard for walking and finding the beach (in fact, we were lost our ways several times), I think it is a very precious experience for me now. I could have chances to meet some exotic surroundings (many garedens, wonderful buildings in the campus). The second weekend in Vancouver was interesting!

2 comments:

  1. I went to Granvill Island last summer, it is very beautiful, and it has many traditional shops. Do you drink beer in Granvill Island? My friend told me the beer in Granvill Island restaurant is very fresh. You should try it. I hope you enjoy your vacation in Vancouver.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, really? I spent lots of time finding the beach.. so, I could not enjoy in Granville island fully. If I have one more chance, I will go the place what you said.

    ReplyDelete