Thursday, July 2, 2009

Kyeongbok gung(Palace)

You cna see this piture if you click here.





I will write something about my country in the first week.




MY EXPERIENCE

It was the first time for me to go there when I got the assignment from a class (that was related to the cultural heritage of Korea and I was a freshman). When I went there with my father, it was not interesting for me. Maybe the thought it was my homework made me feel like that.



After 2 years later, I visited my friend who lived in Seoul. We considered lots of places to talk. Also we wanted to save money not to waste our money to buy some coffee in a cafe (that day was very good if I remembered). After thinking a lot, we decided to go to there. One of the reason was that, this palace was not far from Seoul Train Station (I lived in Daejeon, so, I had to take a train to go to Seoul). If you take a taxi in front of the station, you may cost the base rate.

When we arrived at the palace, there was a march in front of the building. When you catch the time exactly, you can see it and the ceremony of changing the guard in Korean version. After watching it, my friend and I went inside.


If you enter the gate, you can not see the hills; it means the ground is flat. This part is my favorite. We looked around and had some time sitting on the bench, looking a lake and many people. The ground is not on a slat, you can walk easily and there are some benches under trees, you can feel cool. Oh, you can take a picture wearing the traditional clothes. Those clothes belong to the nobility. But, we could not take that picture. We just talked about many things and took some pictures other buildings (the feelings were different when I was a freshman). Anyway it was a good time to spend my time with my friend.


If you have some time to visit Korea, you can have a good time in that palace.

3 comments:

  1. Great place! I want to go there, and also visit Korea. You had a good time with your friends, but I am thinking about if you hadn't had that assignment, would you have known this place to introduce for your friends and me. (smile). Let's come to some place in Vancouver while you are staying here even though you don't have any homework about that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds lovely! I'm glad that you enjoyed that beautiful site with your friend. (Sometimes, it takes a little time to fully appreciate history.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know much about Korea!!But I really like Korean food!!!

    ReplyDelete