Wednesday, July 15, 2009

VICTORIA ISLAND

Last Saturday, I went to Victoria Island with my friends. we went there through a tour agency.


Our schedule started at 6:20 AM (it was a pick-up time). Also, another group was picked up at 7: 10AM.

After that we went to Tsawwassen to get on the ferry.

This picture was taken when we were waiting to take the ferry.




The first department is "Butchart Garden". I heard that it had been an abandoned mine but Mrs. Butchart was determined to change it. That was the beginning of Butchart Garden.

Now, this spot attracts many people from other countries.

I was able to see lots of flowers and fountains. Also, I visited a gift shop. I was surprised at seeing various handiworks such as cups, chocolate, electronic lights
(but I didn't buy anything).


After that, we went to Wax Museum.
There were lots of things that attracted me.
I could see many clothing, animation characters, actor &actress and torture scenes
(I don't want to remember it!).





It is Empress Hotel which is located in front of Wax
Museum. We have to make a reservation to drink a cup of coffee before 2 or 3 months ago. Also, it is very expensive to participate in it.



It was very precious time for me because I could see many things. While I was touring, it was very convenient because there was a car (the first picture)! I did not spend much my time walking like in Vancouver. However, I didn't have much free time because it was the one day tour. It means that we had to move quickly to meet the schedule (I had only had free time in the garden for 1 hour).

4 comments:

  1. Good trip!!I always want to go to Victoria!! It is a very beautiful city!I will get a vacation, and spent a week on traveling there!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice!!I really envy you who are enjoying your Vancouver's living. Although, I've been staying almost 5months, I haven't been to Victoria. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to enjoy my Vancouver life because I am here to enjoy my last summer vacation during the university life!! I think I will not have much time to enjoy vacation after graduating from my school.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am glad that you enjoyed your trip to Victoria, and I am impressed that you saw so many things! I lived there for six years, and I never had coffee at the Empress. Well done!

    ReplyDelete