Thursday, July 9, 2009

WEDNESDAY IS PEAK SUICIDE DAY (weekly assignment)

You can see the whole article here.

Jennifer Yang
Wednesday, Jul. 08, 2009 07:09 PM EDT

New research discovers that people tend to kill themselves in the middle of the week, Wednesdays, not Mondays as we have known. Dr. Kposowa and one graduate student inspected this subject that occurred from 2000 to 2004. While they were researching, they showed that there were 25% of the act of killing yourself intentionally on Wednesdays.

He says there are some reasons such as growth of the employment place stress, doubts and physical pressure.

Based on this, he recommends that we should decrease our pressures in our working place. Also, he says this study did not mean the contrast between Mondays and Wednesdays. He wants people to have some cautiousness about it.

I am interested in this article because it is related to my life. This article refers the workplace but in my opinion, it can include education. (There are some students who committed suicides because of their grades.) Also, after I leave Vancouver, I will have a job. If I don't know how to control my stress, I will think about this action unconsciously. Therefore, I read this article with interest.

2 comments:

  1. Yes,I really agree your opinion. We are Korean students who have felt tremendous stress concerning getting job or our major point directly related to being a job in university. If we weren't students studying in Seoul, we specially would be stressful. Tough competition is a essential element to succeed in Korea. This common truth in Korea sometimes brings tragic death to young guys. Cheer you up!! I know you also have been feeling stress about your obscure future. Remember you have a lot of chance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is very interesting. I think I am lucky because i don't ofter have strees. however, everyday i feel so tired, but it is nomarl, so it is ok.anyway if you can find something that can hepl me don't get tired, thanks a lot.hihi.

    ReplyDelete